Updated 4/6/2020 2:20 PM
The Pa Department of Health held its Daily Health Briefing at 2 pm. Notes from the briefing are below. You can watch the full briefing HERE.
- 598 cases of COVID-19 have been seen in health care workers.
- 518 cases have been reported in long term care living facilities.
- All of our deaths have been in adult patients.
- As of noon today: 51% of hospital beds, 40% of our ICU beds, and nearly 70% of our ventilators are still available.
- 1613 patients are currently hospitalized due to COVID-19.
- That is approx. 12% of the total case count in the state.
- 533 of those hospitalized required the use of ventilators.
- 1.5 Million N95 masks, 106,000 gowns, 701,000 procedure masks, 560,000 sets of gloves, 990 goggles, and 120,000 face shields have been distributed by the state.
- Stay Calm. Stay Safe. Stay Home.
- If you are going to leave your house for life-sustaining reasons, please wear a mask.
- If you know anyone experiencing a mental health crisis, TEXT 'PA' to 741741.
- While there are holidays coming up, please stay at home and avoid gathering.
- We are at a critical time. Please stay home.
- The state announced their new portal to share COVID-19 Resources for Businesses, Communities, & Local Govts.
- Some of the resources include: Life-Sustaining Business FAQs, Life-Sustaining Business List, .Critical Medical Supplies Procurement Portal, PA Manufacturing Call to Action Portal.
- All Pennsylvanians are urged to wear masks when leaving the home
Updated 4/6/2020 12:00 PM
The Pennsylvania Dept. of Health shared updated COVID-19 numbers for the state. As of this morning, there are an additional 1,470 positive cases. That brings the total count in PA to 12,980. There have been 162 deaths statewide.
70,874 patients have bested negative. You can see the updated statewide map, HERE.
Breakdown of cases in Western Pennsylvania:
- Allegheny: 642 cases with 4 deaths
- Butler: 91 cases with 2 deaths
- Beaver: 96 cases with 6 deaths
- Washington 53 cases
- Greene: 12 cases
- Fayette" 29 cases with 1 death
- Westmoreland: 157 cases
- Armstrong: 13 cases
- Indiana: 17 cases
- Clarion: 6 cases
- Venango: 5 cases
- Forest: 4 cases
- Lawrence: 24 cases with 2 deaths
- Mercer: 18 cases
Original Article 4/6/2020 11:04 AM
Allegheny County Health Department released their daily update for COVID-19 cases in the area. As of this morning, there are now 642 positive cases in the county. 92 of those cases (past or present) have required hospitalization. There have been four deaths.
An interactive map of case locations is available HERE.
Breakdown of cases by age group:
- 0-4 years: 3
- 5-12 years: 4
- 13-18 years: 9
- 19-24 years: 56
- 25-49 years: 274
- 50-64 years: 180
- 65+ years: 116
If you're sick, try the CDC Covid-19 Self-Checker - HERE.
"In order to best serve residents with questions and concerns about COVID-19, ACHD has partnered with United Way 211 to offer a 24/7 hotline. Please call 888-856-2774 to speak with a representative. Language services available."
Thumbnail courtesy of Getty Images.