The NHL announced the Pittsburgh Penguins 2023-24 regular season schedule. They'll open things up at home against the Chicago Blackhawks on Tuesday, October 10 at 8:00 PM!
See the full press release below for more details.
Penguins Announce 2023-24 Regular-Season Schedule
The Pittsburgh Penguins will open up the 2023-24 regular season with a matchup against the Chicago Blackhawks in Pittsburgh’s home opener on Tuesday, October 10 at 8:00 PM. The game will be broadcast exclusively on ESPN.
The Penguins play six of their first nine games of the season at PPG Paints Arena, concluding the opening month of the season with a season-long four-game homestand from Oct. 24-30, which includes matchups against Dallas (Oct. 24), Colorado (Oct. 26), Ottawa (Oct. 28) and Anaheim (Oct. 30). Pittsburgh has one other instance where it will play four-consecutive home games, which falls from Feb. 18-25 against Los Angeles (Feb. 18), NY Islanders (Feb. 20), Montreal (Feb. 22) and Philadelphia (Feb. 25).
The complete 2023-24 schedule is attached. Broadcast information will be released at a later date.
Beginning on Saturday, Oct. 14 with a matchup against the Calgary Flames, the Penguins play 18 weekend home games on either a Friday night (1), Saturday (11) or Sunday (6), accounting for 44% of all home games.
Season ticket information for the Penguins’ 2023-24 campaign can be found here.
Pittsburgh’s schedule features some noteworthy home games that fans will want to circle on their calendar:
- November 19 vs. Vegas: The Penguins host the defending Stanley Cup champion Vegas Golden Knights in their only visit to PPG Paints Arena.
- November 22 vs. NY Rangers: The Penguins’ Metropolitan Division rival makes its first of two trips to PPG Paints Arena for Pittsburgh’s annual game on the night before Thanksgiving.
- December 2 vs. Philadelphia: It’s the Battle of Pennsylvania as the Penguins host their cross-state rivals in a Saturday night matchup for their first of two visits to Pittsburgh.
- January 2 vs. Washington: Pittsburgh begins the new year with a Tuesday night tilt against Alex Ovechkin and the Washington Capitals.
- March 10 vs. Edmonton: 2022-23 Art Ross Trophy winner Connor McDavid and the Edmonton Oilers make their only trip to Pittsburgh for a Sunday afternoon matchup.
The Penguins’ schedule has 12 sets of back-to-back games, beginning Oct. 13-14 in Washington and at home against Calgary, respectively.
Pittsburgh will face each Metropolitan Division opponent four times (two home/two road), each Western Conference opponent twice (one home/one road) and each Atlantic Division opponent three times. The lone exceptions in the Metropolitan Division are that Pittsburgh only visits the NY Rangers once, and only hosts New Jersey once. Half of the Atlantic Division foes visit Pittsburgh twice (Buffalo, Detroit, Florida and Montreal), while half host the Penguins twice (Boston, Ottawa, Tampa Bay and Toronto).