A lot of us are jumping on a plane from Reid International to visit family for Thanksgiving. According to experts, here are 5 things you should never eat before you fly:
- Processed or salty food: Salty foods and snacks are tough on your digestive system and can cause bloating – which make it more uncomfortable to fly.
- Beans and other legumes: They cause gas, which is bad enough on a flight. But it seems the gas in your body expands as you reach altitude. So that would make the situation even worse.
- Broccoli, kale, and cruciferous vegetables: It’s always good to eat your greens … except before you’re about to get on a fight. The reason? Again … gas. And then when you reach the altitude, you body expands. All bad for the people around you.
- Spicy food: Spicy foods can irritate your stomach – and an upset stomach is the last thing you want on a plane. Especially if you have a long flight! No bueno.
- Sugar-free gum or candy: Chewing gum while flying can lead to you swallowing air – which can make you feel bloated. Also, some of these candies are made with artificial sweeteners – which can have a laxative effect … the last thing you want when flying.
Now that you have this important food knowledge, go travel and be with your family! Hope you have a Happy Thanksgiving!
Credit: Best Of Life Online